Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bad Day

You know it is not a good day when you are quoted in the news, because some broker stole your money...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pfgbest-liquidating-operation-laying-off-hundreds-2012-07-09


But, I feel fortunate because 1) I have multiple accounts at other brokers and 2) let's face it - my contest account was going downhill quickly anyhow.

So, don't feel bad for me.  Feel bad for some of my trader friends with big PFG accounts.  I've talked to a few of them, and tried to cheer them up.  They are somewhat in shock.

Also, feel bad for the honest people at PFG Best, Robbins Trading and worldcupadvisor.com.  I know a bunch of people at those places, and I'll hate to see them lose their jobs because of a scumbag crook.



I'm not sure where this blog will go from here, since there is no more "contest."  There are usually 100-200 people reading this blog each day though, so if you have any suggestions on this blog's future, please comment below.



I may also be interviewed later today on a major TV business network.  If so, I'll post details.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,

    Even though I'm fairly new, I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Would be a shame to see it close down so hoping you decide on a name change and a continuation of what it has been so far. Wouldn't mind seeing a hypothetical continuation from where we were to completion with your thoughts and review or just some more general system related stuff. Mostly I just appreciate the honesty and the systematic flavour which it currently offers. Long may it continue is my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll continue the blog. Not sure how it will evolve.

    New title though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with 1Lot, your one of the few active traders who blogs honestly from a view other than just technical analysis... And a name change is not a bad idea ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue Kevin. I've learned some new things here.

    P.S. Love the modified blog title!

    ReplyDelete