Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Forces Are Aligning...Against Me

Sometimes it seems like the market is just conspiring against me.  Who knows, maybe it really is - after all, the market's job is to transfer money.

The last few weeks have really felt that way for me.  It is confidence sapping, and emotionally depressing.

The only cure is to push through - continue working on new projects, writing, etc.  And of course, continue trading per the plan, without emotional decisions interfering.  So, continue to do everything as normal.  Experience, though, tells me that it is much more enjoyable and fun to do all these activities as equity is rising!

Still down about 20% as of Monday close.  But looks like more down on Tuesday...




5 comments:

  1. “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”
    - Tony Robbins

    FYI, you got me motivated to work on my automated trading system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trin -
    I'm glad I got you motivated.

    With my recent performance, it is hard to believe that anyone is taking me seriously. Certainly the markets are not taking me seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about your take on the performance so far. Is it a question of the system being misaligned with the modus operandi of the current market, bad money management, of something else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent question. Frankly, it deserves its own post, so that is how I will respond.

    I will try to post it today.

    Thanks for the great question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My response has been posted. A bit longer than I expected, but Anonymous asked a very difficult and important question.

    ReplyDelete