Friday, June 8, 2012

The Market is Messing With Me!

Have you ever had that feeling - one that the market is just playing around with you, kind of the way a cat plays with a mouse (just before the cat eats the mouse)?

That is how I feel now.  So, the market turned against my positions in the past few weeks, and I could not enter 3 positions in the past few days.  Not enough margin in the account to open new positions.

So, take a guess: do you think these positions, ones the market would not let me enter, were profitable, or not?

If you said profitable, you were right.  $1,500 in missed contest account profit.  Ugh.

[But in the end, I won - I opened those positions in another account (non-contest) I have.  Of course, I'd rather have that $1,500 in my contest account!]

Contest Update:

Up about 15% for the year.  Not feeling very confident about this endeavor.  But that is OK - my emotions, personal feelings and state of mind don't really matter - as long as I FOLLOW MY PLAN.



No comments:

Post a Comment