Sunday, November 11, 2012

Whoops - Sorry!

As you may know, I have fairly regular free webinars on trading.  I try to announce them on this blog.  Unfortunately, my last one, "Unorthodox Entries," I neglected to inform blog readers about.

Good news is that I recorded it, so if you want to listen to it, just shoot me an e-mail.  I will immediately respond with the link for you. kdavey @ kjtradingsystems.com


*******************************************************************

Now for my discretionary system...

I gave up on the Forex broker I was going to use, as I could not trust their charting platform.  I got my deposit back over the weekend.  The odd thing was I was actually a bit worried about getting it back - that's how "spooked" I am about this whole industry since the MFG and PFG scandals.

As far as a new forex broker, I am now looking at Euro futures, not Forex.  This is a major switch.  I trust the data better, don't have to worry about dealing desks, and it is more regulated (although being more regulated, I'll admit, did not help me with PFG!).  But the position sizing will be tougher (which means, I'll have to risk more to get the same return), and I'll probably pay more in transaction costs.  Pros and cons to each market.


I am still looking at entries for this system.  I don't know if it is good or bad, but I seem to be turning this project into a mechanical system - one that can be automated.  I'm not sure that is where I want to go - it certainly is not where I planned to go -  but I am keeping an open mind.


Maybe I am evolving this way because historically I much more successful at mechanical trading (for example: my World Cup contest accts, my Trender, SFE and Congress ES systems on my website) than I am at discretionary trading.  That is not to say that I am a "bad" discretionary trader, but I was not a consistent earner with such a method, not necessarily a net loser.  To me, that is "bad."

So, we'll see where this journey takes us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment