Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Why No Charts of Trades?


Based on a comment I made in a previous thread about other blogs, and showing trading charts, I thought I'd clarify something.

For this contest system, I do NOT look at current charts at all.

It doesn't matter to me if the current 1 minute/5 minute/60 minute/daily/weekly/monthly chart is an uptrend, downtrend or sideways trend.
It doesn't matter to me if the price is above/below moving average/MACD/trendlines.
It doesn't matter to me if support and resistance lines exist, and it doesn't matter where they are.
It doesn't matter to me if the market is overbought/oversold (whatever those terms really mean - most people don't know, except in retrospect).

I use those sorts of things on other systems I trade, but not for this system.

That is why you won't see any trading charts to explain my entries.  I may show some charts now and then, to explain other aspects of my strategy.




No comments:

Post a Comment